Weekly digest - 2019.38
Apple started shipping iPhone 11 & Apple Watch Series 5
Reviewers started getting their hands on newest versions of iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and Apple Watch. Long story short, if you want an iPhone, then buy iPhone 11, the Pro version is for photo enthusiast, or people who prefer smaller, OLED screen.
The always-on display in Apple Watch Series 5 is a good step forward, but if you own Series 4 you are good for another year.
By the way, now we have confirmation that all new iPhones have at least 4GB of memory. There are reports that the Pro versions have additional 2GB of RAM dedicated to the camera.
Together with new iPhones, Apple released iOS 13. Federico Viticci wrote excellent review of new operating systems. Overall iOS 13 is a good step forward, but is has many bugs and issues, which might force Apple to release iOS 13.1 earlier than usual. If the rumors are true, iOS 13 will be the shortest living version of iOS ever.
Pixel 4 event
On October 15th, Google is going to host an event related with launch of Pixel 4. To be honest, I don't know why Google even bother to do this. It's not like we already know almost everything.
- Some thoughts on GraphQL vs. BFF
- CSS Naming Conventions that Will Save You Hours of Debugging
- Serve 'Dark Mode' Images Natively
- SwiftUI & Combine: Better Together
- Apple Music playlist lists with music used in its ads
- We Recreated Every Apple Wallpaper
- Donkey Kong Arcade on 12 different platforms - Part 1 & Part 2
- 35 Astronomy Photographer Of The Year 2019
Image credits: Timothy Eberly