Apple has officially announced the noice cancelling AirPods. Here is quick specification:
- All new design
- Powered by H1 chip,
- Active Noise Cancellation,
- Transparency mode which allows to hear the surroundings,
- Customizable fit and seal with silicon tips in 3 sizes,
- The Ear Tip Fit Test allows to check whether we use the best tip for our ear,
- Sweat and water resistant,
- Smaller charging case which can be charged either wirelessly (Qi charging) or using Lightning cable,
- Up to 4.5 hours of listening time,
- Up to 5 hours with Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode,
- Up to 3.5 hours of talk time,
- In total, about 24 hours of battery life with charging case.
AirPods Pro will be available from October 30th, starting at $249.
Together with AirPods Pro, Apple has released iOS 13.2. Here is what's new:
- Support for AirPods Pro,
- 70 new & updated emojis,
- iPhone 11 and 11 Pro gets new camera feature - Deep Fusion, which improvs indoor photos and photos taken in medium lighting,
- New privacy option that allows to share Siri and dictation recordings with Apple,
- Siri can now read received message when using AirPods or PowerBeats Pro,
- App can be deleted right from context menu after long pressing the app's icon,
- HomeKit allows to watch and store video streams from security cameras.
Newest iOS is also a source of information about newAir products:
16' MacBook Pro saga continues
Last week, we were anticipating imminent release of the new 16-inch MacBook Pro. This week report from Ming-Chi Kuo keep us in check. According to him, the new model will be release in mid 2020.
I still think new MacBook Pro will be released together with Mac Pro, which will come this fall. Beside that, new information about the laptop has been found in macOS 10.15 Beta and it looks like the laptop is ready for production. Unless Apple is waiting for parts, like new Intel processors 🤨
On November 1st, Apple launched their TV streaming service - Apple TV+. It costs $5 per month, but if you recently bought an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV or Mac you will get 1 year subscription for free.
Fortunately for me, I'm in this group and I signed up for this 1 year promotion 😬 Unfortunately, Apple TV+ is lacking content. At the moment, we can only watch couple episodes from 7 series in total. We will see how Apple is going to keep customers on their platform, but so far, in terms of content, it doesn't look good. Especially if we compare it to Disney+.
Google buys Fitbit
Google has just announced that it's buying Fitbit for $2.1 billion. The deal is similar to the accusation of Nest and Fitbit will become one of the companies under Alphabet umbrella.
I'm wondering whether Fitbit will stay in the market of smart-bands or they will try to compete with Apple with smartwatches. Right now, Apple is dominating this market, so it will be good to see some strong competition. Such competition might not be good for Apple or Google, but it definitely would be good for end customers.
Star Wars news
Last week we got The Rise of Skywalker trailer, this week we got trailer for The Mandalorian. Beside good news there are also the bad one. Because of tight schedule (at least officially), Game of Thrones showrunners, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, are no longer working on new Star Wars trilogy. This is a bummer, new trilogy was rumored to be set during the Old Republic times. But not all is lost. Maybe involvement of Kevin Feige in Star Wars franchise is reaction to GoT showrunners' departure.
Beside all of that, the Jedi: Fallen Order is coming in couple of weeks, and EA has already released the launch trailer.
- Dependency Heck
- Dark color
- Ahh shhgit!
- How I remade the new Star Wars poster! (photoshop)
- Planting 20,000,000 Trees Will Actually Have This Impact
- The Witcher - Main Trailer
Image credits: Apple