This week was boring, nothing special happened. From worth mentioning events we have:
- Xiaomi announced Mi 8, which, on the first glance, looks like a clone of iPhone X.
- Microsoft has held talks to buy GitHub.
- Valve has tried to release the Steam app to the AppStore, but Apple has rejected it.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story is not doing well at box office.
Also so this week we had plenty of rumors covering all things that we might see during Apple's WWDC:
- iOS 12 - it looks like, that in the next version of the iOS, Apple has focused on stability and performance improvements. In terms of new features, we should see new animojis, more augmented reality and hopefully improved Siri.
- macOS 10.14 - the new Mac operating system probably will be called Mojavi. It will have dark mode. Base on warnings for 32-bit apps in macOS 10.13, the new version should be 64-bit only. There was also plenty of rumors about project marzipan, which supposed to allow as to run iOS apps on macOS, but personally I doubt we will see it this year.
- watchOS 5 - there are not much rumors about this one. My only wish is to get ability to create custom faces.
- Macs - knowing that Apple is planning to release new Macs next year so I don't expect to see anything new in terms of hardware. What we might get is just small refresh of current line and maybe Apple will tease a new hardware like they did last year with iMac Pro.
Of course we will also get new developer tools, with new Xcode 10, and plenty new frameworks. Tomorrow we will see which of those rumors were true and which were just our wishful thinking.
Finally, here is a list of interesting articles:
Reconciling GraphQL and Thrift at Airbnb
Advanced Swift Debugging for UIKit
Custom UIView in Swift done right
An iOS architecture approach for UIViewController states & error management in Swift