Weekly digest - 2019.25
Google just tweeted an image of the Pixel 4, a phone that has not been officially announced and will not ship until October. This is probably Google's answer to a lot of leaks surrounding this phone. It might be unusual, but in my opinion, it is very smart move. As people already saw the phone, they might as well see it in high definition photo.
Also there another aspect of this "leak". As you can see, the new Pixel 4 has square camera bump, almost the same as new iPhone suppose to have. I'm wondering whether Google is trying to say, hey we were first.
We didn't even get this year's iPhone, but we already have rumors about its successor. According to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple is planning to release 3 models:
- High-end 5.4' with OLED display and 5G,
- High-end 6.7' with OLED display and 5G,
- Low-end 6.1' with OLED display.
It looks like the equivalent of the current iPhone XS will be downsized, where equivalent of the iPhone XS Max will be even bigger. The XR model will be untouched in terms of size, but it will gain the OLED display.
To be honest, I don't like those changes. The current size of the iPhone XS is perfect for me, and I don't want to get neither bigger or smaller phone.
The Eurasian Economic Commission database is amazing source if you want to know what companies are planing to release. This time the information about several models of portable computers from Apple have pop up.
As 15' MacBook Pros have already been refreshed, it means that probably the 12' MacBook, MacBook Air or even 13' MacBook Pro are going to get the update. Also, there are rumors about brand new 16' MacBook Pro, but I personally doubt we are going to see it this year.
- Vue 3.0: What Evan You & Chris Fritz Say You Should Expect
- Vue 3 will change Vue in a big way - Current Syntax to be deprecated - Composition functions will eventually be the only way to build Vue components
- Vue's Darkest Day
- How to Design for the Web in 2019
- Rendering SwiftUI views to HTML
- An Introduction to Flutter
- Always be closing!
- An oral history of the hamburger icon (from the people who were there)
- I turned my Tesla into a pickup truck
Image credits: Google