Weekly Digest - 2021.25
Microsoft has announced Windows 11. Here are the most important features:
- New UI, including new Start Menu,
- The brand new store and support for Android apps on Windows,
- Snap Layouts - allowing to easily arrange multiple windows,
- Faster and smaller updates,
- Microsoft Teams and Xbox Game Pass are now built into the system,
- Windows Widgets is an AI driven personalized feed,
- Auto HDR adds HDR to DirectX 11 and 12 games,
- Improved support for stylus and voice commands/dictating,
- It's a FREE update!
It all looks very good, but there is one catch - the system requirements. Windows 11 will require a 64-bit PC with UEFI firmware that is Secure Boot capable. It also needs a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 module. Some versions of Windows also require an Internet connection to complete the setup process.
There are some new rumors surrounding the 2022 iPhones:
- Apple will discontinue the 5.4-inch “mini” size,
- There will be only 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch size,
- Both new models will have improved wide-angle camera with 48 megapixels,
- Apple may include an under the screen Touch ID sensor for some models,
- Apple also plans to release a new iPhone SE that will support 5G.
Image credits: Microsoft